SKINPEN Microneedling, rejuvenates and restores your skin, helping to reverse the damage caused by general ageing, acne and the effects of the sun. SKINPEN Microneedling is an excellent way to reduce acne scars, stretch marks, dark spots and pigmentation, as well as improve the appearance of wrinkles and large pores. Our Marylebone clinic provides the very best in Microneedling in London using the latest technology and expert knowledge.
SKINPEN is the latest in microneedling technology. This FDA-approved device creates tiny micro-channels in the skin to encourage the skin’s natural ability to heal itself. During the repair phase the body produces collagen and elastin, which work to smooth and firm the skin, plumping out deep lines and improving the indented or red appearance of scars and stretch marks. This is why microneedling is also known as “collagen induction therapy”. The SKINPEN is far superior than traditional dermal rollers, as it has the ability to precisely control the depth of each needle. This ensures specific skin concerns can be targeted to achieve the best possible results. A course of 3- 6 treatments is usually recommended to rejuvenate the skin – improving skin texture, firmness, pigmentation and scarring.
Microneedling is suitable for treating:
- Sun damage
- Enlarged Pores
- Stretch marks
What does the treatment involve?
- A thorough skin consultation is carried out, explaining the procedure, possible side effects, and the after-care that you need to follow.
- Your skin will be cleansed to remove makeup or debris, sunscreen or oils.
- A numbing cream is applied to the skin for 20 minutes to ensure maximum treatment comfort.
- The excess numbing cream will then be wiped off and your skin will be disinfected.
- We will apply a thin layer of SkinFuse Lift HG to protect your skin from any abrasions or friction that may be caused during treatment.
- We will start treatment on the affected area using the SkinPen device. The SkinPen will be applied over your skin using a single use, sterile needle cartridge. The skin is needled one small area at a time. The depth of needling will be determined during your consultation, depending on your main skin concern. Once all the areas have been needled.
- After the procedure, the treated area will be wiped with a disinfectant gauze. We will then apply a more generous layer of SkinFuse Lift HG and provide you will a gel formula called SkinFuse Rescue to take home and apply to your skin one day after the treatment.
What is the downtime?
The SKINPEN treatment comes with a minimal recovery period; you will be able to resume your daily life almost straight away. You may notice some redness or mild swelling, but this should subside within the first 24-48 hours of the procedure.Your normal skincare programme can be resumed after day 3, with more active products being introduced after day 5 or when the skin has returned to normal.
What is the aftercare?
Avoid extreme temperatures (hot water, saunas, etc.) and unnecessary contact with the treated area for 48 hours after treatment. High factor SPF is essential for 14 days post procedure and your practitioner may also recommend appropriate skincare to help accelerate the healing process, protect the skin from the environment and enhance your desired results.